Saturday, February 4, 2012

Captured: Comet Garradd and M92


Comet Garradd, which has been up in the sky for quite some time now, just made a close pass by the M92 globular cluster in Hercules two nights ago. Fortunately, for once, the sky over my backyard was clear! Below is a quick hack edit of a single frame, ISO 800 for 30 seconds on my Nikon D700. In addition to this, I shot about 60 others, which means that, after a trip through Deep Sky Stacker, things ought to be looking a lot better!





Oh, yes, if you're not familiar with the night sky and want to find the comet, the above picture should be of some assistance.


Humble requests:

If you found this informative (or at least entertaining), help me pay my bills and check out my Examiner pages for space news, cleveland photography, national photography, and astronomy for more great stuff.

If you think this was cool, why not tell a friend?

For something even better, follow this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment