Friday, June 24, 2011

Astrophotography for May 2011

Here's the May gallery. Again, as befits 2011, not much owing to the crappy weather . . .

The Milky Way on a crisp, low-humidity night.


 Follow the arc to Arcturus, speed onto Spica . . .


The Dippers


 The Moon as shot through a 1000mm F.L. refractor



A crop from the above shot. Don't go dragging a laptop with waste of money telescope focusing software programs out to your telescope for astrophotography! I used the live view with 13x magnification function on my D700 to get this crisp, perfectly focused image.




Humble requests:

If you found this informative (or at least entertaining), help me pay my bills and check out my Examiner pages for space news, cleveland photography, national photography, and astronomy for more great stuff.

If you think this was cool, why not tell a friend?

For something even better, follow this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment