Wednesday, April 27, 2011

March 2011 Astrophotography

Yes, back to being late about posting photos again, but here are the astrophotos I managed to get for March. Not much by any means but I've just beentoo busy (until now) to even get around to uploading them to the computer. Anyway, enjoy.

As for the photos themselves, all were taken with the Nikon D700 with about 10 seconds exposure time ona  fixed tripod. ISO ranged from 800-1600 for most images. Some of the shots have been cropped, too.


 Auriga
\

 Canis Major


 Gemini


 The Little Dipper


 Moon and Venus


 Orion (duh!)


 The Pleiades (7 Sisters)


Taurus (note the 'V' shaped Hyades at bottom)



And now, for some event shots. . .

 The "Supermoon" of March. Nikon D700 with 80-400 Tokina lens at 400mm. Now, all I need to do is shoot a Full Moon near apogee.



The Equinox sunrise. It's been a couple of years since I did a sunrise composite, so I thought I'd try another one this year. Here's the firsst leg of that endeavor.



Humble requests:

If you found this informative (or at least entertaining), help me pay my bills and check out my Examiner pages for space news, cleveland photography, national photography, and astronomy for more great stuff.

If you think this was cool, why not tell a friend?

For something even better, follow this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment