Thursday, April 28, 2011

April 2011 Astrophotography

Yes, the month is not over, but I know I'm already done with astrophotos for this April, which is the wettest in Northeast Ohio's history and that shown no sign of getting any better for the remaining couple of days, either. Here's hoping for a clearer May!

For anyone who's into wide angle astrophotography, consider buying an ultrawide lens with a field of view of 100 degrees or more, they're truly amazing for all-sky shots. The photos below were captured with my Tokina 17mm f3.5 ATX-PRO on a full frame Nikon D700, which results in a 104 degree angle field of view.

 The Southern Summer sky.


 Note how tiny the Summer Triangle appears with a 104 degree FOV lens!



The entire spring sky!




Humble requests:

If you found this informative (or at least entertaining), help me pay my bills and check out my Examiner pages for space news, cleveland photography, national photography, and astronomy for more great stuff.

If you think this was cool, why not tell a friend?

For something even better, follow this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment