Friday, March 25, 2011

Good Times Galore!


The past two weeks have been pretty good, to day the least. First, I got another column on Examiner, this time in the National (yes, National) Edition. The topic: Space News, which is to cover all kinds of newsworthy space-related events. If you're more into the hobby of astronomy itself, check out my Cleveland Astronomy Examiner column or, better yet, both plus my Cleveland Photography Examiner column.

Next, ever since snagging a Nikon D700 for the bargain basement price of $1,500 earlier this year, I've been looking to build up a kit of lenses again in addition to my 50mm f1.4 AF-D Nikkor. To this end, I snagged a Tokina 80-400 and a rather rare Tokina 17mm f3.5. Needless to say, look for reviews to be on the way, as well as one for the D700 itself, which is just about done and that will probably appear as a series of running reviews focused on individual aspects of Nikon's wonder camera.

Third bit of good news: the snow has finally melted, which means that it will be possible to take more than stationary tripod astrophotos for the first time in nearly 4 months! Obviously, with the change from a crop to a FF camera, it will be interesting to see how good my original Orion ED80 really is, plus my new lenses, when turned to the stars.

This upcoming year should be a lot of fun!
 
Humble requests:

If you found this informative (or at least entertaining), help me pay my bills and check out my Examiner pages for space news, photography and astronomy for more great stuff.

If you think this was cool, why not tell a friend?

For something even better, follow this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment