Monday, March 7, 2011

Astrophotography for February 2011

February saw my "observatory" completely buried in snow all month long, which means no deep sky photos this month, sorry. However, the month did afford some pretty impressive wide angle shots. Also, February saw the first astro light for my Nikon D700. Needless to say, I'm very impressed with this camera as, thanks to its stunning high ISO capability plus my usage of a f1.4 lens, it can do things that, just a few years ago, would have been impossible without a tripod. Enjoy!


Stunning lunar reflection.

Luna and an ice-covered tree.

The Big Dipper, hand held!

Orion, 10 seconds.

Cloudy Moon, hand-held!

More glass-like snow with Luna.

Canis Major, 10 seconds.

Leo, 10 seconds.

Yet more Luna. Notice the ground and the trees, a cool time exposure effect.



Humble requests:

If you found this informative (or at least entertaining), help me pay my bills and check out my Examiner pages for photography and astronomy for more great stuff.

If you think this was cool, why not tell a friend?

For something even better, follow this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment